On adding svara marks to digits for the Rig Veda

From: Shriramana Sharma (samjnaa@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 21 2009 - 07:45:15 CDT

    Pursuant to my previous mail regarding the application of combining
    marks to digits, here I remark that in the Rig Veda, the svara marks
    0951 and 0952 are used together on top of the digits 1 and 3 to indicate
    kampa svarita-s (a special kind of accent). Proofs:

    For 1: http://sanskritweb.net/rigveda/rv01-001.pdf p 1 penultimate line
    For 3: http://sanskritweb.net/rigveda/rv01-020.pdf p 3 line 1

    So annotations had better be added to the svara marks for this too.

    Shriramana Sharma.