Re: RTL PUA?

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 22:18:28 +0530

On 08/19/2011 08:47 PM, Michael Everson wrote:
> Indic scripts have LTR directionality. They can use PUA and do
> whatever is needed for the*other* challenges inherent in Indic
> fonts. A private RTL script cannot use the PUA and have the same
> level of support.

In OT, without help from the rendering engine, I can't get glyph reordering.

For example, I can't put Grantha in the PUA (till it is officially
published) and expect it to work right now because there are reordrant
and split-position vowels in it.

Of course, Graphite would work.

If Martin Hosken is here, I think he would be able to (better) comment
(than I) on whether Graphite can provide the custom behaviour that
Michael seeks of PUA characters for his script without any property
change to BC=R (or ON).

--
Shriramana Sharma