Re: Rendering Raised FULL STOP between Digits

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 06:45:59 -0700

AF:
> However, for fully correct math layout, to require "math mode" (i.e.
> global markup selecting math layout) is an appropriate restriction and
> some minor infidelities in pure "plain text" rendering of math are
> therefore tolerable.
And: While typeset math layout is also locale-dependent, these
internationalization considerations are more of a concern for plain
text. And: Number-internal formatting (which this is) is the least of
all concerns for math layout. In line with this: I don't see much
thousands separators in numbers appearing in real typeset math.

JA:
>> Oh, now I understand your comment. Matrix multiplication has no dot (and
>> uses juxtaposition); the inner ("scalar") product uses · , and the cross
>> product uses × .
> I was thaught to use × for matrix multiplication (Computer Science, Hungary).
Interesting; I guess this is tolerable because the only case of
ambiguity between the three is between {the inner product between
3-dimensional vectors} and {the cross product}.

Stephan