Multi-Lingual Project Gutenberg (was: Unicode plain text)

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Mon May 26 1997 - 05:25:11 EDT

On Sun May 25, 8:01 Pierre Lewis <lew@nortel.ca> said:
> It's the format chosen by project Gutenberg, the wonderful collection
> of English texts. I have a dream here, of a multi-lingual project
> Gutenberg with classics in various languages, and, of course, in
> plain-text Unicode....

You'll find the German project Gutenberg (in German, of course), under
<http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/gutenb/gutenb.htm>. The format
is currently HTML, in ISO 8859-1 encoding (mostly -- some contributors
apparently still believe that DOS code pages, CP 437 or CP 850, were
equal to ISO 8859-1).

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz