re:Multi-Lingual Project Gutenberg (was: Unicode plain text)

From: Pierre Lewis (lew@nortel.ca)
Date: Mon May 26 1997 - 11:08:00 EDT

In message "Multi-Lingual Project Gutenberg (was: Unicode plain text)",
'Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de' writes:

> You'll find the German project Gutenberg (in German, of course), under
> <http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/gutenb/gutenb.htm>. The format
> is currently HTML, in ISO 8859-1 encoding.

Thanks for the pointer, I don't think I had it. Well done (just had a
look at Max and Moritz).

HTML certainly is an interesting alternative to plain text because it
is so universal (and, hopefully, with a stable foundation). And it
allows to include illustrations, annotations, &c.

Pierre