RE: support in browsers for fonts

From: Charles Frankston (cfranks@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 16:42:12 EDT

Yes, this has changed somewhat. There are about four ways in IE4 to
change the language of the current frame or page. The right mouse click
menu within any frame has a pop-up to select the language for that
frame. The font toolbar, and the font menu enumerate both fonts and
languages, so you can select a language from them, and this setting
applies to the base frame for the displayed page. The method you're
apparently using, the Font dialog under View Options, also continues to
work.

But obviously, you never read the printed manual that came with your
copy of IE3 :-), or you would have noticed that after loading any of the
language packs, there's this globe icon on the bottom right of your
browser window. If you click (depending on the version of IE3, either
left click or right click!) on this globe, you get a pop-up that let's
you override the language of the page.