Re: 8859-1, 8859-15, 1252 and Euro (bis)

From: Alain LaBonté  (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 13:27:27 EST

À 09:54 2000-02-10 -0800, Robert A. Rosenberg a écrit:
>There are MacEudora Translation Tables that will accept messages that are
>flagged as Windows-1252 and do correct conversion to MacRoman as opposed to
>the default conversion that assumes it is in the Mac Version of ISO-8859-1
>(ie: Which translate the incoming x80-x9F codepoints to the corresponding
>Mac Characters based on the Windows Encoding not the one that MacEudora uses
>for ISO-8859-1). I can point you at them if you want (putting the table into
>your Eudora Stuff folder automatically handles incoming messages and allows
>creation of Windows destined messages containing the extra 32 characters [to
>the extent that they exist on both platforms]).

[Alain] I answered privately so that we can conduct tests. I knew that
between Macs and PCs it was just a matter of agreement between the clients,
but problem was that there is no standard solution for all packages. But
MacEudora is certainly imporaant enough that this is non-neglectable.

Thanks very much.

Alain LaBonté
Québec