RE: UTF-8S: a modest proposal

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 16:29:44 EDT

Peter,

> BTW, John, was this an intentional allusion to a certain title by Jonathan
> Swift?

I think that there are some among us who feel that selling our children for
food is preferable to implementing a UTF-8 like standard that breaks up
characters and that is incompatible with most UTF-8 support services.

If it won't work with the tools we have already implemented for UTF-8 why
make it like UTF-8 at all?

BTW I disagree with Swift, we should not sell them when they are young and
tender, we should wait until they are teenagers and we are ready to kill
them anyway.

Carl