Re: Gwoyeu Romatzyh marking the optional neutral tone

From: Robert Abel (freakrob@googlemail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 00:28:10 CDT

    Hi,

    are you sure it is supposed to look like the scans you provided? It
    might be that the printing for the book was fairly limited and could not
    account for these characters' true glyphs?
    I would personally go with <U+0064><U+0325>, this provides d̥ for me
    which has the circle right under the d with an appropriate font.

    --> http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8477/bujydaw.png

    How encourage this is I don't know, but at least it would conform to IPA
    as in being voiceless or nearly so.

    Robert Abel