Re: Major site in unicode?

From: Steven R. Loomis (srl@jtcsv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 18:36:18 EDT

Why not keep the data in unicode, and convert it as it's requested into
the user's preferred encoding. You can analyze what browser they are
using (user-agent, request-encoding headers) and determine how to
convert the data there.

At the last IUC there was an entire session on work to internationalize
mysql.

-steven

--
Steven R. Loomis - ICU Code Sculptor - srl@jtcsv.com -  +1 408.777.5845