lag time in Unicode implementations in OS, etc?

From: Elaine Keown (keown@altavista.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:09:20 EDT

Hello,

I'm writing to inquire about the "lag time" between when Unicode 3.0 hit the street and when implementations in Windows NT, software tools, fonts, etc. came out? Does stuff usually come out within 3 months, 6 months, ?

Is there a central URL that keeps track of implementations, so you can call it up and find out what OS, tool, etc has already implemented 3.0, 3.2?

Also, if I just can't wait for Unicode 4.0, are there suggestions for how to put the characters I'm waiting for into some block? I would like to start programming soon with text markup symbols that I hope will be formally available in 4.0 or maybe 3.2, whatever. I may need them for a thesis project, for a text-processing algorithm.............. Is there a procedure to do this?

Thanks, Elaine

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html