Re: Wordprocessors in Korean

From: Edward Cherlin (Edward.Cherlin.SY.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 22:41:08 EDT

At 06:50 AM 2001-07-10, Genenz wrote:
>...Now a teacher from Korea told me, MS Word has
>some shortcomings concerning Korean
>and there would exist another word-
>processor much more frequently used than Word2000
>in his country. (He also complained about win2000 "their
>are better choices for multilanguage apps and the net",
>but that is another story not to be discussed here).

Word 2000 on Windows 2000 supports Korean well enough for my needs, but I
am not an authority on what Koreans want in a word processor. Can you get
an explanation for us of its shortcomings?

As for better multilingual apps, indeed there are some that support more
languages, but I have not found any fully multilingual products for Mac or
PC capable enough and reliable enough for my needs. Not that Word is
totally reliable, of course, but I manage.

Edward Cherlin
Generalist
"A knot! Oh, do let me help to undo it."
Alice in Wonderland