Re: Errors in the Indic FAQ

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 15:59:59 EST

    <jameskass at att dot net> wrote:

    >> A graphical version of this message available here:
    >> http://www.exnet.btinternet.co.uk/KhandaWeb/khanda.htm
    >
    > A less-than-elegant solution, perhaps, to get the display to
    > look like the result in kutsit.gif (from the page linked above)
    > is to encode:
    > KA + VOWEL_SIGN_U + TA + VIRAMA + ZWJ + ZWNJ + SA + VOWEL_SIGN_I + TA
    >
    > (At least, this works on the display here.)

    I probably shouldn't be sticking my nose in this one, but unless that's
    the "correct" way to encode Andy's example, we probably shouldn't be
    suggesting it. Wrong behavior by a rendering engine should not be
    "fixed" by wrong encoding (2W != R).

    We might want to wait until the experts who normally post only on
    weekdays have a chance to review this problem and suggest a course of
    action.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California