Re: Proposing two new Arabic ligature characters

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 09:53:39 EST

    On 11/18/2002 03:18:57 PM Karwan Salih wrote:

    >I'm about to propose two new Arabic ligature characters...

    These simply are not needed -- these are presentation forms that get
    handled by rendering/font sub-systems. The Unicode Consortium will not
    accept proposals for new ligatures.

    I suspect you could find existing software and fonts that will already
    render the ligature forms you want using existing characters.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485
    E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>