Re: Unicode use for end-users

From: Brendan_Murray/DUB/Lotus@lotus.com
Date: Thu Jul 31 1997 - 10:24:41 EDT

Graham Rhind wrote:
   How can I type in a Unicode code to get the same effect? I have tried
   whole strings of codes and various methods, but to no effect. Any help
   would be greatly appreciated!

On NT you can use the charmap utility to copy Unicode text to the
clipboard, and then paste it into the application. Note that this only
works for applications that support the Unicode clipboard format
(CF_UNICODETEXT), and does *not* work for Windows 95.

You can't input the data using ALT-xxx since this only covers the current
Windows codepage, e.g. 1252 in Holland.

Brendan